I have given The Game crap all season for being horrible. The storylines suck, none of the characters were relatable and the dialogue was off-putting. I was simply watching this show because of our amazing history together…but then last night the writers woke up. It wasn’t as good as the old CW days BUT it was one of the better episodes of the BET season’s.
My fave moments:
1. Jason Pitts! He was pretty much the saving grace to this season. He is hilarious and seeing him grow a big boy heart was very gratifying. Love the chemistry between him and Brandy (I also love her character though I have heard a lot of negative opinions on it)
2. Rick Fox! Because I like looking at him and there is the promise of more of that next season.
3. The return of the old Malik! The scene was wack but the promise of him turning back into a jerk was great.
Things I want to never happen again:
1. Anything Melanie and Derwin. They are horrible. I am so glad they are off of the show. Though I will miss looking at Pooch Hall.
2. If I ever have to watch Tika Sumpter dance or act again I will scream.
3. Melanie and Derwin x 2
I am actually looking forward to next season. No Melanie and Derwin, Jason Pitts married, and a possible Kelly Pitts return!…I made up the Kelly Pitts part. That is just wishful thinking…
I am sooooo late to the party on this!…but I brought champagne :)
I originally watched the first season because it was THE talked about show but never quite got into it. This past weekend I took a second Netflix look and go most of the way through season 3. Last night I watched the crazy season 3 finale. Some thoughts on the show:
I dont like anyone. Is that ok? I usually watch a show and identify/like at least one of the characters. I think that’s what took me so long to get hooked. I believe the the concept is that you should go from liking Walter to being ambivalent to possibly hating him in seasons to come (? I haven’t seen past 3 yet). If so, I wish there were some more characters I could feel some way about.
The scenes are so LONG! Endless dialogue. I happen to like a good long TV convo but this is excruciating.
Wait, I guess I do kind of like Hank. The actor who plays him is awesome. I guess it must be hard to play someone so smart but obtuse and make both side of that coin look authentic.
Giancarlo Esposito is the man! He’s great in everything. He’s going to be in that new J.J. Abrams show Revolution. I’m excited to see it.
New Mexico is one DRY state. Pretty. But very very dusty and dry.
Drugs are really scary.
*The irony of talking about The Game and Breaking Bad in the same post does not escape me*